In 2012, Rainbow’s End, in collaboration with Mike Fortune and Cable 14 announced the launch of In Depth with Mike Fortune, a Cable 14 program focused on mental illness and the role it plays within the Hamilton community.
Each episode provides viewers with in-depth, thought provoking commentary from local panelists on issues such as mental illness and the youth population, suicide prevention and intervention and substance abuse and addiction. Mr. Fortune will moderate a series of panel discussions which will tackle the key issues surrounding mental illness, while addressing these issues at a local level. The 11-episode series sheds light on this often invisible, yet pervasive health issue.
A list of Episodes:
- Intro to Mental Health, Illness and Wellbeing
- Sign, Prevention, Intervention and Support
- Suicide Prevention & Intervention*
- Mental Illness among Youth & Children
- Mental Illness: Alphonse’s Story
- Mental Illness and Poverty & Homelessness
- Meaningful Work Opportunities for those with Lived Experience
- Mental Illness and the Aging Population
- Mental Illness and the Justice System
- Mental Illness and Family
- Substance Abuse and Addiction